Designed by Tammie Wilson ; Courtesy of Stampendous®
A charming lighthouse for your coast-loving friends and family! Play with Stampendous® stamps and inks for a fast, fun ornament.
Stamps & Inks from Stampendous®:
- CRR306 Cling Christmas Lighthouse Stamp
- SSH57 Jumbo Acrylic Handle
- DP111 Retail Black Embossing Powder
- VM001 Versamark™ Watermark Ink Pad
Paint & Surfaces:
- Tall Teardrop Infinity Solid Wood Ornament by Cupboard Distributing
- DA190 DecoArt Americana Winter Blue
- DecoArt Fluid Media Acrylics
- DMFA08 Cobalt Blue Hue
- DMFA12 Dioxazine Purple
- DMFA20 Payne’s Grey
- DMFA26 Phthalo Turquoise
- DMFA27 Primary Cyan
- DMFA30 Prussian Blue Hue
- DMFA42 Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide
- DMFA37 Raw Umber
- DMFA18 Pyrrole Red
- DMFA35 Quinacridone Magenta
- DMFA44 Viridian
- DMFA49 Metallic Gold
- DMFA White
- DA60 DecoArt Matte Varnish
- ½” Angle
- #2 and #4 Flat
- #2 Round
- ¾” Filbert
- Water Basin
- Palette Paper
- Paper Towels
- Sandpaper- fine grit
- Heat Tool
- Pencil & ruler
- Basecoat both sides of ornament with two smooth even coats of Winter Blue. Dry thoroughly and sand between coats.
- Position cling stamp on acrylic block. Load stamp with Versamark Ink and stamp image in center of ornament.
- Sprinkle Detail Black Embossing Powder over stamped image. Tap off excess and return to jar.
- Heat set embossing powder, until it becomes shiny. Keep heat tool moving, to prevent scorching wood or blistering paint.
- Using ½” angle brush wash sky with Primary Cyan, water with Phthalo Turquoise and sand with Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide.
- Create night sky by leaving area around top of lighthouse lightest, and building darker colors out to the edges using- Cobalt Blue Hue, Dioxazine Purple, Prussian Blue Hue and Payne’s Grey.
- Float the lower edge of the water with Prussian blue Hue, upper edge with Payne’s Grey.
- Shade sand with Raw Umber behind dunes, between slats and along the bottom of the fence line. Highlight tops of dunes with a wash of White.
- Using #2 Flat paint alternate stripes of Lighthouse, bow and ribbon with Pyrrol Red. Paint remaining stripes, top and cap of Lighthouse with White. Wash wreath with Viridian.
- Using ½” angle shade Lighthouse with Payne’s Grey.
- Using #2 flat shade bow and ribbon with Quinacridone Magenta. Highlight with Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide.
- Using #4 flat shade inner and outer edges of wreath with Prussian Blue Hue. Use dots of Pyrrole Red and Quinacridone Magenta for ornaments.
- Using #2 flat dry brush slats with White, Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide and Raw Umber.
- Measure approximately 2” from the top and bottom edges and mark a straight line. Basecoat with Phthalo Turquoise. Shade with Prussian Blue Hue.
- Paint circle at the bottom of the ornament and the hanger at top Metallic Gold.
- Finish with two coats of Matte Varnish. Add ribbon if desired.