Three of the best things on the planet: tomatoes, bacon and PIE!!! I'm drooling just putting this article together... let us know if you make it and send pics! ~Laura
Pie recipe by Margaret Riley:
- 1 baked deep dish pastry shell (9”), cooled
- 3-4 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4” slices
- 1 medium onion sliced into very thin slices
- 1/2 cup red sweet peppers chopped in small pieces
- 10 bacon strips, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
In first layer, use half of each of the following into baked pie crust:
- Sweet peppers
Repeat same layers for second layer.
In a bowl, combine the cheese, basil, and mayonnaise. Spoon over center of pie and smooth around leaving 1” around edge. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown (cover edges with foil, if necessary, to prevent over browning). Serve while hot.